myopinions

Below are some of my opinions on a variety of subjects. If they offend anyone, I apologize in advance. If people disagree, PLEASE feel free to say so, as they are opinions.

Friday, October 08, 2004

A thought about our technological society....

I am sitting here watching X2. At the end they throw in a bit about evolution.

The other day I read a small article that talked about how we as humans control our environment. Now, we are brought up to believe this is a good thing. That we are so strong and such an unstoppable force. However, is it possible that by insulating ourselves from the environment to the degree we have, we have also limited evolution? What evolutionary pressure is there? This was the suggestion of the article.

Now one can argue both ways I am sure. Perhaps the fact that we can modify our environment so much means that is our evolutionary path. But perhaps....we might have had another evolutionary path whereby instead of relying on our technology we might have evolved our body's abilities.

Just a thought....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home