myopinions

Below are some of my opinions on a variety of subjects. If they offend anyone, I apologize in advance. If people disagree, PLEASE feel free to say so, as they are opinions.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Misc thoughts.

So the other day I was contemplating my morning ritual breakfast of Raisins and Spice Oatmeal and some things occurred to me.

I cook the oatmeal in the microwave, approximately 1/2 a package with a small amount of milk into a bowl. Then microwave at 80% for 4.3 minutes or until done.

Now, there is a question as to whether or not microwaved foods is dangerous. Certainly I have met a number of naturopaths etc that believe they are.

So not that I have an opinion but here is about the only way I can think of to even test the difference between normally stove cooked, heated foods and microwaved food...measure the resultant energy types and amount of energy given off by a food once it is microwaved. Is there maybe a different type of energy given off by microwaved food from food cooked with standard stovetop type heat? The source of cooking is definitely different as is the way the cooking occurs. BUT what does it do to the food in terms of changing it/being a different outcome from alternative cooking methods?

I have yet to see any suggestions on this point. IF microwaved food is bad for you, WHY is it bad, WHAT makes it bad?

Inquiring minds always want to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home